Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And the Little One Said “Roll Over”

 

IMG_5397 IMG_5402 IMG_5406

A week or so ago Charly finally rolled over.  Now she is the master at zip zooming around Jack’s room, pivoting on her tummy, and then rolling some more.  She is still a happy, quick to smile, kissable angel baby that is adored by everyone in the family.

The other two were dying to eat food way before they were 4 months old, but Charlotte, who is now 5 months, looks terribly offended both times we have tried it.  She would cry and refuse to open her mouth.  So today we just skipped to Apple Sauce, and she took it a little better.  But I think that she wants to skip baby food and go straight to the real stuff.  She loves to suck on watermelon and loves it with the kids sneak her a pretzel when I’m not looking. 

Charly is out of our room now, every since our trip to Idaho, and she is now sleeping in Jack’s room.  Jack says that he is not lonely anymore in his room and so doesn’t have to come to our room in the middle of the night for company.  (He must have been very desperate for company because waking me up for no reason in the middle of the night is not a pretty picture – I NEED my sleep and have a hard time falling back to sleep once I’m awake.  Let’s just say I don’t get the parent of the year award in the middle of the night…)  The arrangement has worked out quite well, and Joel and I are very happy to be able to read in our room at bedtime again.

Charly’s new found mobility is the beginning of the end of infanthood.  I’m happy for her, but not sure if I’m quite ready for the next step.  I sure love ya my girl!

2 comments:

Maxmomma said...

So cute! You know, NONE of my kids have ever been rollers... I sure wonder why. Do you practice rolling with them? Or do they just do it on their own? Hmmmm. Makes me wonder.

Also, Ali was the same way with food. I thought she wasn't hungry because she would thoroughly reject any form of baby food, but then she'd dive at my turkey sandwiches and eat asparagus spears like there was no tomorrow. So, she eventually won. Interesting that she will now eat some more baby food (but only the fruit varieties, she wants the veggies straight in their natural form).

Congrats on getting your room back!

ali said...

Charly is amazing! You know...your father still likes to roll around and pivot on his tummy. He doesn't look as cute as Charly, but what can ya do? It's a laundry challenge!
She's a gorgeous angel!