Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

Presenting the King, Queen and their Pirate:

PA280006 PA280003 PA280001

We celebrated Halloween this year with awesome costumes (smirk). Jack wanted to be a King, so of course Sage being a queen took her all of 2 seconds to decide. I do like the crowns – I think they turned out pretty sweet for tinfoil. The capes are the cheapest red curtains Target had. There is only a quilt store here in town and are of course on the spendy side. It works. They were happy, and that is really all that counts. If only they would stay so easy to please.

They had a Trick or Treat night at Jack’s school that we went to the Friday before Halloween. We had a pizza picnic there before the candy madness began. The kids enjoyed it. Charly was hilarious and the star of the show. She was so insistent on carrying her own bag and threw her bag at each person passing out candy. This little girl is so absolutely adorable and a total joy. By the end of the day she could say ‘Pirate’ and ‘Arrrr”.

We got all the candy we needed and so that was Halloween for us! We are such bums! When they get older maybe it will be different.

There was a Trunk or Treat on Saturday night, but we ended up driving to the coast and going to the Monteray Aquarium and missing it. It was fun, but Joel was a little disappointed. There were a lot of adults there and I saw several push their way in and inch out kids who were there. It was totally impromptu and fun to get out of town for the day.

On actual Halloween we had FHE and went out to ice cream! It is easier living where we do with no neighbors really to speak of to just skip it. We probably would have gone if we lived in a neighborhood.

Oh, I almost forgot. The pumpkins. The pumpkins that Joel said were his very best EVER. Yah, well, they lasted, what, 2 days? Totally MOLDY! I didn’t even get a picture. After 4 days and it was oozing juice in the entryway with all the fruit flies I asked Joel to chuck them. They were replaced with mini pumpkins the girls painted at their “preschool” party. Note to self: when it is still 70 – 80 degrees outside, pumpkins don’t last long. Just wait.

3 comments:

strivingforsunshine said...

I'm liking the way you do Halloween. By the time Halloween was over I had had quite enough. The bright side of everyone getting the stomach yuck a few days after the big candy day is that no one is interested in candy.

Love the costumes.

Andrea said...

totally love the stuff you made. the crowns are totally creative. I never "grazed" over these pictures before until now. They are awesome.

ali said...

Sounds like a great Halloween! The royalty and pirate looked awesome! I can just imagine Charly throwing her bag to be filled with candy...how fun is that??? At our house Thabo hung with some friends waiting for girls to show (didn't happen), Dad was in Texas, and I handed out 180 candy bars. Another Halloween behind us! Love you!