Whew – we made it. Last week was busy crazy – Jack’s 5th bday, Joel’s 31st, and then Thanksgiving. Even though it was way busy, it was also really fun and lovely. For some reason the only time I took out my camera was when we took the kids Friday night to walk around the temple - something Sage has been dying to do for a while. She insisted in a picture of her at the temple, so that is really the only reason I brought it with us. And looking at the pictures – wow! Jack looks great, but the girls are total ragamuffins! Man oh man. What am I going to do with those two?
So, Mr. Jack’s birthday. Yes, he is a whopping one hand now. He really is a fabulous boy. He can be such a stinkin’ pill to his sisters, which drives me crazy. But when he chooses to be nice, it is heavenly.
Jack wanted to bring Cheezits or goldfish for a snack for everyone in his class. Request was easily granted. He got to pass them out, which, if you know Jack, was right his alley and pretty spectacular that he got to be in charge and help everyone. He felt pretty special. I love it. But yeah, we had a church friend who also is in Kindergarten at the same school and his family come for a dinner of Jack’s choice. We didn’t do games or anything. We did have root beer floats. But that was it! I feel like a bad mom, but really, he loved it. The kids played really well, and he felt super special. I can’t believe he is 5! Happy Birthday nino. I love you so very much.
The next day was Joel’s birthday. He didn’t get home until 6.30 so we ate without him. :) We all went to get the boy’s hair cuts and came back home. Since it was the night before Thanksgiving, the hair place was super packed – they waited at least an hour before it was their turn. It was so late when we got back, I forced Joel to open the presents the kids have been anxiously waiting for him to open, gave them a slice of pavlova and then we all went to bed! Joel did like his presents. His favorite was the one from us that was Jack’s suggestion and Sage picked out. Joel’s mom sent some Rooibos and Choffy. Jack thought it would be good for us to get something that made water get hot fast so we didn’t have to boil it on the stove anymore. An electric kettle it was! I was super impressed with Jack’s thoughtfulness.
The next day was Thanksgiving. What a super lovely day it was! My cousin Kristen and her family came up from L.A. and spent the day with us. It was really stress-free, fun, and well, lovely is the only word that really comes close. It felt so so good to be with family. I hadn’t realized how much I missed it. It really made the holiday feel complete. I never grew up with family around, and really only saw the extended family once a year or so. And then when we did get to see family it is always so big and crazy that you never really get to see or really talk with anyone. At least that is how it feels for me. I prefer small groups, hate being the center of attention in big groups, and really just do much better in one on one interactions. So this was just perfect. Especially with Kristen who is super lovely. And it turns out the trip is only 2 1/2 hrs away! We are so going to get together again soon. Thanks for making the drive!
Now that this week is over, it is time. Baby can come whenever now. There is nothing in the way or anything that I need to get done. Just waiting now…next Friday is the due date. I’m really hoping he’ll come earlier though. I doubt it, but a girl can hope.
3 comments:
Morgan!
I have thought about Thanksgiving over and over again because I loved it so much! Even in my dream last night I was writing you a thank you note :)-- I loved being with you guys so much!
I love to think of Jack passing out the goldfish! Now that i have been graced with his "Tickets" to an event, I understand that more :) HE is ADORABLE. Sweet pictures at the temple too. I'll try to find the pics from Thanskgiving and email some (I have not yet seen them, they may all be of Glenn catching us mid-bite!)
Love you and THANK YOU!!!!
Love the photos. I've always wanted an electric kettle. You'll have to tell me how you like it.
Darling....didn't you celebrate holidays with me? Your Dad? Your sibs? Wouldn't you call that "having family around???" Oh well...just thinking out loud! I hope that Jack saved me a pack of Cheetos or fish or whatever. I can't believe he's five...and hasn't even finished his hotel yet....!!!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment