Saturday, June 16, 2012

Work Bench

My Jack is a builder.  He was super excited about the toy kitchen that he promptly got some wood glue and tried to glue on more decorations.  Then he took the bowl out of the sink and brought it out to the pasture to make mud pies.  Then he got a project and started hammering nails on the stove.    I put the faucet on and told him after an hour that it was still wet and not touch it.  What does he do?  Yanked it off!  I was not yet finished and so just about gave up. 

I was upset.   

Consequently…

TA DAA:

P6150060

No he has a place for all his tools, all his projects and who cares what happens to it.  Why didn’t we do this earlier??

He is stoked.  He has already made a bird house from a kit and has nailed/glued/bolted several scraps of wood together.  What I love is that he made a collection.  Everything he made he put the number 5 with a circle around it – so he can remember how old he was when he made it. 

I’m happy with the bench because I made it from looking at a picture that I liked.  No plans.  For anyone who knows me – I am a ‘follow directions’ type of girl.  I can do just about anything if there are directions.  I have a hard time being creative on my own.  Even with the piano that I have played for, well, my whole life.  I can’t play a thing without music.  It is a shame.  But it is just how my brain works.  SO yeah, no plans is impressive for me.

Here’s to (hopefully) more creating!

No comments: