Sage and I got all dolled up and went on a date this past weekend. We went up to Fresno to go the the Nutcracker Ballet! It was really exciting for me first of all, because it was the first time I went somewhere sans Sam. But it was also the feeling of FINALLY! The kids are starting to get old enough to do fun things like this together. SO FUN!
I thoroughly enjoyed being with Sage. She is really a sweet happy girl. She was very shy and quiet at first - just wanting to go straight to our seats, no pictures taken or anything. As soon as it started, she just held my hand the entire time. She loved it! I asked her if it was scary. No. Did she cry? Yes. A little. Why? Because she loved it so much.
The entire audience was filled with little girls who were decked out like Sage and their moms/grandmas. It was really cute to see. We also had great seats. We were in the 5th row. Next time I want to be a little farther back - it was a little too close to the male dancers for my liking...
When it was time to go Sage did not want to leave. She wanted to linger and enjoy the theatre for as long as possible. But hunger got the better of her and we were able to journey home.
I think this is the start of a new tradition...
I thoroughly enjoyed being with Sage. She is really a sweet happy girl. She was very shy and quiet at first - just wanting to go straight to our seats, no pictures taken or anything. As soon as it started, she just held my hand the entire time. She loved it! I asked her if it was scary. No. Did she cry? Yes. A little. Why? Because she loved it so much.
The entire audience was filled with little girls who were decked out like Sage and their moms/grandmas. It was really cute to see. We also had great seats. We were in the 5th row. Next time I want to be a little farther back - it was a little too close to the male dancers for my liking...
When it was time to go Sage did not want to leave. She wanted to linger and enjoy the theatre for as long as possible. But hunger got the better of her and we were able to journey home.
I think this is the start of a new tradition...

3 comments:
Fun!
Adorable. Such a cute post. I'm taking Aubrey at the end of the month and I was worried she may not sit through it but you gave me hope. Happy holidays to you guys. I need your address to send you a Christmas card.
I have done this with Hannah and Elizabeth when they were younger and it was so much fun. I loved loved loved my kids in their toddler/preschool years. But I must say it is great to do things with them as they have gotten older. Hannah and I went with Natalie Sanders to see Wicked a few months ago and it was SO fun!
Post a Comment