I decided to get back on the blog bandwagon and then I stop for several weeks! The problem was that the only thing I wanted to talk about was our move to Idaho.
Joel got this job that was really exciting and had a great offer. We were so excited about it. It was beautiful there, we would have gotten a gorgeous house, good schools, and just three hours away from my parents. *Sigh*
Joel told his job that we were leaving. The HR lady cried. For reals. They counter offered. We prayed about it. Nothing. But we wanted to go. So we continued with the new company. We got the house all ready. Appraisers, real estate agents, inspectors, the moving company. Everyone came. More praying. Nothing. They were both good offers and good options. Since we were getting no guidance we decided that it meant that it was completely up to us. Then Friday night we were out on a date. It was a second counter offer to get him to stay here. It was also a great offer. Ugh. It is so hard to be so awesome and have people just wanting you left and right. Joel and I both prayed to make sure we were doing the right thing. I finally came to my conclusion. We should totally move. Joel came to his conclusion. We should totally stay. That was awful being on the complete different sides of the spectrum. His last day was Wednesday and he was supposed to start his new job on the following Monday.
It was Wednesday. Last day of work. Wednesday before the holiday weekend. I cried so much. I really wanted to go. But I had a change in my prayer. I prayed for Joel to know what we should do. As equal as we are, he is the head of the household. He presides over the family. As equally important as our jobs are, I stay at home and it was his career. I prayed. I cried. I trusted Joel to go by the spirit. Joel wanted to just make me happy and really wanted to go to Idaho but he felt compelled to stay. You can't argue with inspiration. So here we are and here we stay. It was a tough, tough choice.
I am totally sad that we are not going to Idaho, yet at the same time we have a good life here. It is not like we have to stay in a terrible place. I love the upgrades to our little house. I am loving the way it looks. The kids are happy at school and we have a good ward. Life is good. We are blessed. Even if we aren't moving to Idaho.
No comments:
Post a Comment