The Friday of Memorial Day Weekend, Joel came home from work and was totally bored. I started suggesting things that we could do that 3 day weekend, and was shot down on everything. He said what he really wanted to do was to go back home. Since that was going to happen soon, I suggested we go to Utah instead. He said, "Okay, call your dad." I called my dad, who wasn't busy because mom was out of town, and by the time I got off the phone, the car was all packed up, ready to go.
So we took off. Spent the night in Little America, and then arrived at noon at my folks' house. It was great to be there. Everything was so green! Dad had organized a BBQ with the all my siblings who live there. Here are some pics - no one could take the camera seriously. So those who might complain - I know they aren't very good pics of anyone!
It was our first time seeing Alex (who is a BEAUTIFUL little girl, with captivating eyes) and Scooter (who scared all the grandkids with his dunce cap). I think the best photo I got that evening was of Emery and Jacky. It was touching to see how much Jacky LOVED Emery, and Emery loved the attention (but just not from me when taking the pic):
It was really nice seeing everyone. We also got to see Dave and Steph and their crew, and Todd and Kathy. (It helps that they are all on the same street.) It had been Christmas since we had been there last. I'm so happy we don't live in Utah, but it would be really nice to see the fam more often. I don't realize how much I miss them until I see them and leave again. Funny how that works...
6 comments:
Okay, the pics could use some work...but it was a fun weekend! Thanks for coming to Utah!
What fun! Did you have Green Egg BBQ?!? Your Dad is king of the grill:) Wish I was there, would have loved to meet Jack.
You're adorable!
how fun you got to go to Utah! We'll be there in a week or so, but I suppose you're already back home. Boo!
The photos are fun!
I love seeing you all there together (in the pictures). I wish we could've been there with y'all! I love that spontaneous spirit! "Hey, let's go to Utah!" That's so great! I'm glad you had a nice visit.
It's interesting that you chose the ONLY weekend that I wasn't home to travel to Utah. Very interesting indeed. I'm glad you had a rip roaring time without me. No bitterness here...just stating the facts!
I really do love you and we can hardly wait to get to Oregon!
Unless you have to plan another "spontaneous trip!"
Post a Comment