Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thinking of Gma and Gpa Wright on Memorial Day

Grandma Chapin passed away about 6 months ago. I really really wanted to go and see her gravesite because I was unable to go to the funeral. (Jack and I both had the flu, I just found out I was pregnant, Joel was out of town, Joel's parents were out of town too and I was house/dog sitting, and we were moving to Montana that week.) Anyways, while we were there in Utah, Dad took us to see the spot. She is buried right next to Grandpa Wright. She doesn't have a headstone yet, but here is Grandpa's:

The plan is to take Gpa's out and get a bigger one for both Grandma and Grandpa. My dad wants to keep this one and put it in his yard. :) He cracks me up.

The cemetery was amazing. We have never seen anything like it. The pictures do NOT do it justice in the slightest. But there were flowers EVERYWHERE and people EVERYWHERE! There were cars backed up into the busy street waiting to turn into the cemetery. There were families having picnics, kids throwing footballs, people having quiet moments. It was really beautiful to see all of it. What a happy way to remember those who have gone on before.

To top off the day, Dad took us by his old houses and neighborhoods in the area. I'm looking forward to the time when he can be like Gpa Tanner, telling the same stories to the grandkids. It was a real beautiful day in every way.

3 comments:

Britt Wright said...

Thanks for posting pics. What a great evening....you'll remember this forever.

Lauren said...

Thanks Morg. I wished I could've been there too. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Beautiful.

ali said...

I miss Grandma Chapin. She was such a lady...is such a lady. I know that she is happier where she is now...and probably laughing all the time at her Bob's jokes! Hugging her parents, brother and sister and watching over us. I bet Sage had a kiss from her before she left....