I know talking politics with some people can be too hot topic. But I bring this up only because I'm surprised at my reaction. I definitely considered myself an Obama girl. I sure don't have a lot of warm fuzzy feelings about McCain - he seems a little too much like Bush. I think Bush is probably a nice guy but I strongly disagree with MANY of his policies. But now the running mates are both announced...
My first impression is that I really like McCain's running mate - a lot. I feel like she is a real person, someone that I can relate to and perhaps living the thoughts that I have had to get involved with local politics. She seems to have strong family values, morals, and is a Washington outsider.
I need to find out more about Biden. Initially, I don't feel strongly one way or the other - if anything perhaps this dampens my spirits for the Obama campaign, I just can't put my finger on why. Like I said, I need to learn more...
I am totally impressed with both campaigns and how smart they are in their choices. Both choices seem to address the complaints people had with the nominee and definitely appeals to their competitors voters.
This should be an interesting election...
3 comments:
Who are these people???
Hi Mrs Mo!
Gotta leave a post on this one!
As a politics/history junkie, I LOVE watching, reading, comparing plans and learning about candidates. I wish politics weren't so taboo...so fun and so important :)
After the RNC, I am now an active member of the Obama campaign. I never get involved, but I'm excited about this election.
I supported McCain before, not anymore. For a man I once admired, it actually saddens me to watch him now.
Go to factcheck.org for great info on the candidates this year. TOTALLY independent, very interesting.
VOTE Everyone!!
I like Obama (Finally a politician that took speech class!) I can't stand Biden. Oh, and then there's their positions on the war, heath care, etc that I absolutely disagree with.
So that leaves just one camp for me.
Post a Comment