Since there are no pics of Thabo - I just wanted to say that he was so great to have around. He really is a really good and kind uncle. Jack was in awe of him. He even let me boss him around a bit. Oh, and Thabo ate and Ate and ATE - especially turkey sandwiches. Wow. I have never seen him eat so much my entire life. I didn't think that he ever sat still enough to eat anything of substance, but he totally blew me away this trip. I talked to Britt this morning and she said that Thabo gained 11 lbs this summer. I can totally see how.
When taking time away from the kitchen, Thabo went water skiing with Joel, he helped with the horses, fed wild snakes dead mice, practiced shooting and his archery skills, played baseball with our dog Geni, and was soooo quiet during nap time (or else his quiet Nazi sister would let him have it). Having him around also made me wonder about the tween years. He was great but obsessed with his phone and himself. He has 250 pics on his phone, 99% of them are oh his face - a beautiful face at that. But oh me, oh my, I sure have a lot coming for me. I guess being cut off from civilization makes you forget what the rest of the world is like.
1 comment:
Thanks to you and Joel for providing Thabo with a wonderful time. Our greatest challenge was not flushing the toilet that we all shared while Jack was asleep. Some day you're going to laugh about that!
Post a Comment