I was thinking about Valentines Day coming up and what I can do for that hubby of mine. Man, I love that guy. Very much so. My mind started wandering and I started to think about the first time Joel and I exchanged our 'I love yous'. I don't remember much about what we actually said, but I do remember the feeling.
We must have been dating for not quite 2 months. I remember that we were downstairs in the basement of his house (the house he shared with Ian and the same one that we moved into right after we got married). I was sitting on a bean bag. It was late. We were talking. I remember that it took a long time for him to say it. I remember saying that I thought I loved him too. But I mostly remember what it was like when I went back home to my dorm room.
I felt like needed to vomit.
I felt like just because that was said that we were going to get married - I had just turned 19 and was so NOT ready to get married. It made me ill.
Shortly after, Joel's brother died. Joel went back home. I remember that I was sitting on my brother's bed, so I must have been house sitting or something, and I just felt absolutely terrible for Joel. I was crying and just wanted to help him feel better. I missed him and knew that I loved him, not just a little, but A LOT. I really loved Joel. And it didn't make me sick thinking or saying it.
Happy Valentine's Day!
4 comments:
Awww...I love it! That's so, uh, sweet. No really, it is. I love to hear stories like that! Thank you for sharing!
AWESOME post! I love little strolls into memory lane that are so cool. Love's a grand thing- even at 19!
Love you and Happy V-Day!
I loved hearing your story! I'm just glad that you are happy and in love!
Morgan!!! Hello!!! Do you remember me...IKEA food court...was that a year ago?!?...I found your blog in a mildly stalkerly fashion via your comment on Kevin's blog. Pretty darned excited about it, not going to lie. Congrats on little Sage! What a sweet family you have. I'd love to hear from you when you have a chance. We also have a blog (we had to jump on the blogwagon too, you know); it's at www.chickenfeathers.typepad.com if you want to check it out.
Soon!
J
Post a Comment