Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gone Again

Joel is gone with his boss and boss' wife for an overnighter horse trip. I was supposed to go, but plans fell through, and here I am. He should be home late tomorow night.

Jack has been a crackup today. We spent most of our 1:1 time with each other shut in his closet with pullups on our heads, singing I Am a Child of God, the ABC song, and then praying. He has been wanting to make me laugh, by making outrageous things out of legos or by saying silly things (Grandpa drove by and Jack asked where he was going. I said I didn't know. Jack said maybe he went to swing in trees with monkeys. Then he told me to laugh.) I even got a fake laugh from him when I said something that wasn't all that funny, but I was trying.

We went to the river and both of the kids LOVED it. It is only a few minutes away, we probably should go more often. Jack layed down fully clothed in the water, and said, "I'm swimming!" Then he looked at me sideways liked I missed my cue, "Push me, mom."

Have I mentioned that he has started his "Why?" phase. EVERYTHING is 'why?' 'why?'. Everything...I think it is really cute, but I know Joel is done with it already.

I sure LOVE this little boy with my whole heart. He melts me.

1 comment:

Maxmomma said...

What a fun little guy! And what a cool mom to sit in his closet with him with pull-ups on her head! I love that mental image. I hope the time passes quickly and Joel is back soon.