I was talking with a friend a few weeks ago about scripture reading. I told her that I did it, but that I didn't really see a difference in my day. Man, I had to go and say something, dang it, because now I'm sure eating my words.
Not only am a noticing a difference in my day, but even the time of day that I read makes a BIG difference.
I guess to be honest, I can see and feel the difference not when I do read but when I don't read. If I don't read, WATCH OUT KIDS AND DOGS!!!
The past few weeks it has become evident that if I don't read my scriptures in the morning, I am not a very nice, patient mom. My fuse is shorter, my reactions larger and more irrational.
Even if I don't always receive deep spiritual insight when I read, I am thankful to know that it does have a real, literal, effect on me help me to help me be better in all the different arenas in my life.
1 comment:
Good for you for doing it in the morning! I find if the boys nap at the same time, that is the earliest it gets done for me. You are so good! Thanks for your posts- I like to hear details like this that so many of us can relate to.
Post a Comment