Today is Monday - our cleaning day. Thinking of what the day will hold, excluding the actual cleaning part, makes me smile.
I always have the kids help clean and organize their rooms and then they get to vacuum. While I'm doing a double-check of their vacuum job, they always run circles around me and the vacuum screeching as loud and as high pitched as possible, trying not to get hit. Always does this little game make Charlotte scream and cry too.
After the bedrooms and the front room is done, we always go to each room and dance and roll on the ground while chanting, "We did it! We did it! We really, really did it! Yeah!"
Sage is at the stage where she will always pick "Noah puppet" (the Noah verse from the primary song Follow the Prophet) when asked to pick a song to sing. We sing before naptime and bedtime and after we read the scriptures, not including the many times in between. Jack went through that same stage, but he would pick "I'm a Child of God and He". Jack now chooses "Jonah was a prophet", but prefers to do it solo then have us join in at the chorus. Oh, and they both always sing "Said Samuel" when they stand on a table or any high ground. It always makes me laugh.
Ah my kids, they are heartfulls. It is all about finding joy in the little things.
2 comments:
I love it! In primary it is SO cute how jack will belt out every song! He always makes me smile!
Nice post, Morgan :) I can totally picture you guys doing all these things. Your kids are so cute and so lucky. You are my inspiration as a mother. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment