Thursday, September 23, 2010

I know, I know, I know!

Okay, so Charlotte has become so wiggly that it is near impossible to type and have her awake at the same time. Plus my camera battery charger is missing, and has been since my family reunion in Idaho. Those are my excuses for not blogging, and I'm sticking to it!

So what have I been up to?

Well, I've actually be doing a lot of sewing. I've made a skirt and a top, and are currently working on another skirt and top. Camera problems = no show and tell. But if you see me on Sunday, hopefully I'll be finished with my new outfit, so please check me out - you'll like what you see ;)

I've been trying to lose weight for a few months now, but to no avail. I've been rowing and doing stomach exercises 3 -4 times a week, been drinking at least 8 cups of water a day, and yet NOTHING. I don't get it. And I don't think I over eat way too much. Plus I have the whole nursing thing going for me. Though no pounds are being shed, I did try on an old pair of pants that didn't give me major muffin top anymore - just minor :)

I played the piano the other day, during the day, just for fun. I haven't done that for a VERY LONG time. The kids had a hard time with it, but for me, it was lovely. I have forgotten what that felt like - it made my heart beat, and it was beautiful music (because it was nicely written, not necessarily how I played it), and it was exhilarating for me. I must do it again sometime...

I talk to my sisters a lot on the phone. Did you know that I love my sisters? I am so thankful for them. I have a set date with one of my sisters every Tuesday to talk. Sometimes we can talk forever and other weeks it is just a few minutes, depending on how the kids are doing and what we've got going on. My other sister we try to talk every couple weeks. I feel a real connection with both of them that I treasure. I look up to them both, and appreciate our friendships. I love that it is not awkward conversation and they can be deep, silly, singing songs from the Lion King that we still know every word to, our own personal book club, a place to just let out my feelings, and they both take the time to talk to my kids on the phone (with Mr Jack being a MAJOR talker). I'm having a hard time finding the words to describe how I feel about my sisters and my relationship with them - but they are deep, warm, even tearful feelings.

I've also have been doing a lot more reading this year than I have for a long time. I'm really enjoying it! Since we don't do TV and actually don't even have time to watch movies from Netflix (having the past 2 for months on end - I think we should save ourselves $8.99 a month) books are literally our entertainment. I'm always looking for a new book to read. Any suggestions?

That is all the randomness I can think of for the moment about me - the next few posts are going to be random things I've been thinking about for each family member.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I need a new book to read too! Let me know if u find one. OMGosh, is it really going to be Monday tomorrow?

ali said...

Good books: Cutting Stone and The Help. I haven't had time to read them yet, but they come highly recommended. Morgan...I love you and both of your sisters too!