Friday, June 24, 2011

These Kids

These guys are the best of friends.  Well, sometimes they can be the worst combination EVER and drive me absolutely insane crazy and mad and the very worst side of me appears.  But when they get along, time stands still.  My heart bursts with love and joy.  These are the moments worth it all.  The thing is, you can have the extremes within 10 minutes.  It can be exhausting. 

Earlier this spring, when we just moved into the new house, I was doing dishes to find the kids having one of those heavenly moments.

P4200001 P4200006 P4200009

I quickly decided to make the most of this moment and laid on the couch so I could watch them and read my scriptures.  I looked up a minute later and found this:

 P4200018 P4200019

P4200030

P4200029

P4200026

They had the greatest time.  It was pretty funny.  There was sand in their hair for weeks, no matter how much I scrubbed. 

Man I love these kids.  I am so thankful that I can be home with them and not miss out on moments like these.  It is so hard at times, I think what on earth am I doing bringing a 4th one in, I can’t even handle these 3 without losing it.  But the happy moments are the sweetest things I have ever experienced.  And that makes it worth it.

5 comments:

Rheanna said...

That is the cutest group of muddy kids ever...just glad I didn't have to clean them up :o) I think that all the time how blessed I am and wonderful my children are..most of the time..and then I freak out that I'm adding another one into the chaos :o)

Andrea said...

hahaha, great pics. I love Charlotte running around in her diapers. They were having too much fun Mom.

strivingforsunshine said...

I've lived this moment many a time. :)

Ashley said...

Those pictures CRACKED me up!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the mud. We have many a mud photo in our house! The boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mud. We have so many great mud stories. What would we do without mud???