Sunday, October 23, 2011

My birthday

A few weeks ago it was my birthday! It was seriously the best birthday that I have had in, well, since I can remember.

The kids came in our room around 6:30 (which is sleeping in) and very quietly Jack whispered to Joel, “Dad, if we are going to make mom breakfast we should probably get going on that.” Sage really wanted to wake me up but Jack kept on telling her no, wanting me to stay asleep. They came a bit later, everyone with their own plate of waffles, where they sang to me. We then ate breakfast in bed.

After everyone got ready for the day, we went shopping for a new dishwasher! It was pretty exciting since I was tired of washing the dishes by hand, putting them in the dishwasher, only for half of them to come out dirty! And it was so loud, it definitely sounded like it was dying. It was time.

Joel installed my nice, quiet, stainless steel, working dishwasher while I got to sew the curtains I had been working on. It was lovely. When Charly woke up we went to Fresno for the country fair! It was huge! Much bigger and not as hands on with the animals as the Morrow County Fair we are used to. While eating, we found a boy who was lost. It was sad. We took care of him until we found security. They said that it was the 3rd child that day. Poor kid. It was really packed though, I could see how easily you could get separated from your kiddos.

It was really a great day. I felt totally spoiled and loved the family time and alone time.

I did buy balloons and streamers for the kids to decorate. But I think the most exciting thing for the kids was Joel giving the old dishwasher to Jack. He LOVED it – super duper excited. The pictures are from when he just started. But after 2 weeks of sitting in our driveway and parts all around the front lawn (very classy, yes, it is good that we live in the country and have no neighbors – we don’t think this would fly in a neighborhood) every little thing that could be taken apart was. Jack and Joel finally cut it up and disposed of it yesterday. All the kids got to take part in the dissection. What I loved about it is that Jack wasn’t just taking it apart but he would call me over and explain to me how it worked. As I have been writing this, I have had to stop and listen to Jack as he is explaining to me how the smoke detector he is taking apart works. I love how his brain works.

Farewell dear dishwasher, though you never worked for me, you have provided weeks worth of entertainment for my children! For that, I thank you!

PA080036 PA080031

1 comment:

ali said...

Looks like one curious, happy boy! I can hardly wait to see how he uses this talent as he grows....