I can't believe it has been about a month since I posted last. We are still here. It seems like I haven't had a single moment to myself to just sit down and write. We've missed a lot! It is crazy how time can go by so quickly. And what do i have to show for it? Well, not much. Just this crazy lot:
Can I tell you how happy these kids make me feel? They can drive me absolutely batty and bring out the very worst in me. But when all is said and done, they are pure joy. I LOVE love LOVE them. Time with them seems so precious, especially with the weather being nice, we spend a good amount outside at the river, playing in the empty ditch, or snuggling on the swing reading books. I am so grateful to have this time with them and be with them and enjoy them when they are so young and innocent. I got my first "Are they all yours?" comment the other day. It totally made me smile. I said, "Yep! It's a good thing they're cute!"
At the same time it seems like time is coming to an end. I have 8 weeks until the baby is due. EIGHT WEEKS!! That is super quick. I had all these things that I wanted to get done, and it seemed like I had forever. But now it feels like the end is here. Because it is Halloween, and then it is Jack's and Joel's bday and then Thanksgiving and then the baby comes and then it is Christmas! (I've started already on getting my thoughts for Christmas presents already because I know that it is not going to happen after the baby comes.)
I started freaking out the other day thinking that I just can't do it. What on earth am I doing? Sage was having a very hard day and Charly was following her example. And then right after the baby is born, Jack is on his Winter Break. They can be the most perfect, heavenly kids to be with at times, but then other times they just can't be in the same room. The baby is just going to put me over the edge. But then I read a few things, a book and a friend's post on her blog, and I felt inspired. I felt that everything is going to be okay and to just totally enjoy them. Cause I do. It is going to be just fine, better with baby boy here. Hard yes, but a more complete family. I'm excited and feel peaceful.
For my sister, a belly pic taken 1 1/2 months ago. I am MUCH MUCH larger now. I still need to take an updated one...
6 comments:
Hooray, thank you! You are gorgeous and so are your babies. xo
Love it. You are just going to soar. Can't wait to "see" your little boy.
You look SO CUTE in that shot, and I am so inspired by you. You will ROCK the "mama of 4" thing, I just know it. And on the hard days, just make popcorn for dinner, throw 'em in bed early, and call it good. {hugs!}
I think the secret is to embrace the circus that you have somehow become the ringmaster of : ) You are an awesome mom!
You'll do great! I think almost every pregnant woman on the planet has those thoughts that we must be crazy to have another baby :o) Can't wait to see pics of new baby boy!!!!
It's amazing the things that can wait...dishes, laundry, kitchen floors.... It's also amazing to feel great about choosing what to do with the "better part" or your energy and efforts. Life goes on if turkey is purchased, gifts are not wrapped and dust is accumulated. This is a precious time. Your children will only remember if they had a happy mom. Enjoy this time. Enjoy your baby.
Post a Comment