Charlotte's 2 yr old stats: 33.5 inches tall and 26.4 lbs. 50th percentile for both. She is extremely smart (doctor's words) Oh, and it turns out she had a double ear infection...mother of the year award - I had no idea!
Little Miss Charlotte. She is sunshine. Pure light. It is hard to put into words her essence. She is spunky. She is funny. Sweet. Independent. She is pure joy.
I love that she plays really well with Jack and Sage – running with them and thinking that she is part of the game. She likes to be in the thick of things. She will play so nicely with them, but will definitely not be pressured into doing things. She’ll let Jack have it when he has crossed the line.
She is extremely smart. EXTREMELY. Yes, she is still learning to talk, but she understands EVERYTHING. She is even able to see some letters and name what they are.
Her eyes really are amazing. Her eyebrows have a personality of their own. She his dimples above them. They are so expressive. On a regular day her hair is usually down and her face is always filthy. Since she potty trained herself she loves to be naked.
Have I not shared that story? A few weeks before her birthday she told me “No diap(er). Bottom.” And that was that! We got the little potty out for her and she rocked on the pee. She rocked it! Poop on the other hand…well. She was so upset when she pooped her underwear. And she wouldn’t tell me – she would try to take care of it herself. Consequently there was poop EVERYWHERE. The bathroom. The laundry room. Her bedroom. The poopy footprints in the carpet in between the rooms. The poop in my toes from walking in the laundry room. We tried for 4 weeks and then I was done. I didn’t discourage her, but I did not encourage her to do it. I had a new baby, and she was just not getting it and I couldn’t always help her in the exact minute she needed it so I thought she just wasn’t ready. I even put the pull-ups away and stopped mentioning the potty. But she was insistent. And just kept on wanting to do it. If she needed to go, I’d take her. But the poop thing was just not working out. The week before her birthday I thought let’s give it one last go. By golly, she got it. No problem. She even empties out her own toilet bowl. It was all her. She’s amazing!
Her new camera smile…yay…
And just for the record, a snap of her mullet before I cut it. Looking at it now I wonder why we didn’t cut it earlier! But as terrible as it looked down, she looked so darn cute with her hair up.
I love this girl to bits and pieces. She is absolutely adorable.
Happy Bday Charly!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment