Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sage

Sage rocked her very first talk in Primary at church.   Rocked it.  She was confident, spoke loud and clearly, and only needed a few simple reminders of what to say.  It was really great and she felt proud.
Sage is the greatest big sister EVER.  Seriously.  She is super duper sweet to Charlotte, yes, but especially to Sam.  She is bright, she is funny, and wants to be a mom when she grows up.  She is a good singer and is good at telling stories too.  She is mature for a 3 year old – it is really hard for me to believe that she isn’t 4 yet.  She has been 4 in my mind for a long time. She is really good with recognizing her numbers and knows several letters.  Sage can be on the sensitive side, really needing cuddle/read book time throughout the day.  Sage still likes to change her clothes every 5 mins and to dress up as a princess.  She really is gorgeous.  She can absolutely take my breath away. 
In High School we studied William Yeats, the poet.  The poem A Prayer for my Daughter has always stuck out to me – though I don’t agree with his entire prayer for his Daughter, there are parts that I like.  It wishes her to be a hidden flourishing tree - which I always thought applied to me, but that is a whole other blog post.  But the part that I think of Sage is where he prays for her to be beautiful but not too beautiful so that she never knows a true friend.  Sage is that beautiful – so so beautiful.  I am happy for her but I am afraid that she will only get that message from people and the world, valuing her only for her looks, not seeing who she really is, making her feel that beauty is the only trait she has. Because it is not.  She really is super sweet and just so special.  I adore this girl of mine.
P3300008
This picture is from when Bill and Katherine came a few weeks ago.  Bill was able to take a break with his Chemo and so they got to come and meet Sam for the first time.  It was a special time with that Billy boy.  Bill - now that is several other blog posts, a big long story.  That man.  He sure is a keeper.

No comments: