A few months ago there was a ward talent show. The kids wanted to participate so we formed a rock band. We gotted all punked out and each had a musical instrument and sang our little hearts out to 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. I don't think we were amazing but it was well received and the kids were all very pleased with themselves. It was really fun to do that with them.
After the kids and I did our little ditty I did a solo of a song I made up for Joel for our 10 year anniversary that was the week before the talent show. The words (more for my benefit than for yours) are as follows:
When I was just a girl,
I used to think of what life would unfurl.
But I was only eighteen, it was still yet to be seen
When I met you.
It all started at FHE.
There was this guy kind of into me.
So I turned to my side and to my surprise
I looked no further.
'Cause you were all my dreams come true.
You said you loved me too.
Would I marry you?
At first it was you and me.
Then pretty soon we were three.
And then we were four, add a couple more:
A happy fam'ly.
Now everyday you go to work
And the kids can drive me berserk.
Though it may seem mundane I'd do it all the same
In a heart beat.
'Cause all my dreams are coming true.
It's all because of you.
I sure love you.
And as the years go by,
You've been there for every tear I've cried.
Through the ups and the downs and all sizes of towns
We're in this together.
'Cause all my dreams are coming true.
I owe it all to you.
I sure love you.
When I was just a girl
I used to think of what life would unfurl
But I was only eighteen it was still yet to be seen
And then I met you.
You are all my dream come true.
I'm so in love with you.
I'm glad I married you.
1 comment:
What amazing lyrics!
Post a Comment