These past few weeks have flown by! I have had so many things that I've been meaning to write about. As dull as it is, I am just going to write a list of what we have been up to for the past few weeks. I have good intentions to write about them more in depth and to share pictures, but we'll see how it goes.
Sage is now eating rice cereal and is totally loving it. It started out as a social thing, but now she NEEDS it or wakes up several times during the night. She is now rolling over non stop. She is even scooching backwards a little bit, and is trying to work her way forward. She really is a total cutie with a great laugh.
On the 22nd, Jack had his 2nd birthday! On his actual birthday we just had a family lunch. We combined a few of Jack's favorite things and called it good. We made a fire in the fire pit, roasted hot dogs, and ate outside around the fire. Bill and Katherine ate with us, as well is Atrayu Corpus who was working for them for the day. On the Monday we had a few girls who are the same age as Jack over as well as their families. We had FHE and then ate cupcakes. It was nice. Jack was totally spoiled by both set of grandparents. A new table and chairs from Bill and Katherine, and pjs and LOTS of paint stuff from my folks. He uses both gifts daily. He is totally loving artsy stuff lately. It is amazing to watch him just blossom right before our eyes. Very cool.
Joel had a birthday too. His was the 23rd. We went to church, and I made a fancy dinner of steak, caesar salad (with homemade croutons), garlic bread (I made the french bread the day before), and apple pie (and yes, also homemade). We might of had a potato dish too, but I don't remember anymore. Then he went home teaching. I always feel bad because we are all partied and out of money by the time Joel's birthday rolls around.
We had a great Thanksgiving. This was the first time Joel and I made the turkey, and, I must say, it was the BEST turkey I've had. It was super moist with a nice flavor. There were hardly any leftovers between us, Bill and Katherine, and the Sanchez's. We all did a little bit and had a fantastic meal. I am so very thankful for many things in my life right now. Especially Joel and the kids. My heart swells with love and gratitude for them. They sure make life worth living.
We just came back tonight from an impromptu trip to Salt Lake to see my family. It was SOOOOO nice to see everyone. I miss them a lot. Joel had decided that it was time to make the trip. He called last Wednesday during his lunch break and told me to make arrangements for that evening to go. My folks didn't object. We left around 8 this morning and got home at 7:30. We stopped a few times to run around and eat, and to get me a new pair of shoes that Joel has promised me for a while. The kids did an amazing job travelling and being there. This was the first time that Jack really opened up to so many people and so quickly. Sage had no problems, being the social little butterfly she is. We were able to see all my family, including the aunts, uncles and cousins. We also saw a few of Joel's buddies. It was a real nice trip. I am so happy that we went.
2 comments:
I am so glad that you and your family came to visit. It was great seeing you guys and being able to hang out. Sage is definitely a social butterfly and I loved seeing Jack help around with the chores! You have a beautiful family!
Happy late birthday sweet Jack & Mr. Joel!
Great update Morgan :)
Can I come over for dinner for Joel's next birthday ;)
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment