Yesterday I had a very romantic day.
The morning started out not very good by Joel and I (with out kids!!!!) going to the temple for sealings. After arguing, being late and then after walking in realizing that I didn't have my temple clothes (we don't have a rental at our small temple) things got better from there.
After the temple we went out to lunch (again, without kids!!!!) It has been a LONG time since Joel and I have been out on a date. We have lots of family time, which I absolutely love and adore, so this was a really nice change of pace.
We came home to a house of napping children, so we decided to do the same thing and enjoy an afternoon nap. WONDERFUL!
After waking up we got ready and went to a wedding reception. There we went on wagon rides, played games (including where Joel had to race with me on his back), DANCED, and finally ate food. We got home after the kids' bed times. Then I went to bed early while Joel cleaned the kitchen. Can it get better than that?
I know it might now sound all that romantic, but it was a wonderful day. I am so madly in love with Joel. What a good, good man I married. What a wonderful daddy he has become. The kids too know that he loves them and they reciprocate his feelings immensely. I love you Joel. Thank you for being a good man.
3 comments:
Awww! So sweet! I think, it doesn't take much to feel romantic when you're truly in love, you know? Just getting to be together is enough! Glad you had such a wonderful day! Love you!
Days without kids remind us of who we once were as a couple with time and energy for just each other! It is so nice- I am SO glad you guys had such a wonderful day. You are a great wife.
We love Joel too...even if he hasn't given us a ride on his back. He favors you....
Mom
Post a Comment