Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Swing Shift

Today Joel started swing shift. He is going to do it for at least a month. I was pretty apprehensive at first - it was going to totally mess up our routine, and a few other concerns. But today was one of those perfect days. I think that I'm going to really like having Joel home during the day. The kids are always happier with daddy home and he always has a project going on that the kids like to help with. The most wonderful thing is that Joel did about 3 loads of laundry, including the folding. We had family time - burning season started and today was the most perfect weather for it. Joel took care of the dead mouse in the garage. Then he cooked lunch when I was busy feeding Charlotte. He helped clear the table afterwards. He helped put the kids down for naps. He let me sew without eyeing my messy craft table that I should be organizing instead. This the type of happy day that a teenage girl envisions her life to be like. This is the type of day that makes me want to work harder. This is the type of day that makes me fall in love with Joel all over again.

Yeah - if is what everyday is going to be like, I think I'll manage. :)

2 comments:

strivingforsunshine said...

Maybe Joel can find the dead mouse in my garage. I can smell that there is one I just can't find it....

ali said...

Good men are a great blessing....so glad you found one!