This week we have had our very first encounter with pink eye. Sage got it from who knows where, in both eyes. Jack is just getting over it in one eye and today Charlotte woke up with her eyes glued shut. Joel and I have never noticed before how itchy our face is now that we are trying not to touch it. So needless to say, it has been a not so fun week. It really is a shame because we've had to miss out on a primary activity and other things. Of course, we NEVER have anything going on and as soon as we do - we get sick. To make it up to Jack, who was just heart broken about missing out, we had a picnic dinner at the park, got ice cream from the gas station and watch Bob the Builder: On Site.
But can I tell you how amazing medicine is? AMAZING! I'm so thankful that I live in this day and age - I'm such a wuss. Well, maybe not as bad as Jack.
The eye drops has just shown how different Jack and Sage can be. Sage took the eyedrops like a champ, not wanting them but didn't even cry and not too much struggle. Jack on the other hand, wowee zowee. Blood curdling screaming and crying...and this is just when he lays down before you even touch him to put the drops in. And then more ear-piercing screams for 10 mins afterwards. He does do a great job of not touching his face.
We need to get everyone better before Jack's birthday on Monday. He is turning 4 and has a party all planned out. We've never really done a party before, so I'm not sure exactly how they are supposed to be. He said that he wanted it like preschool but with more freetime. So that's what we are going for, with 8 kids (excluding babies) and 10 adults (including a lady from the primary presidency who Jack loves and adores and has no kids Jack's age and said she'd come) it should be interesting. I hope Jack, or anyone else at that, won't be dissapointed.
3 comments:
Gotta love pink eye! I hope it goes away quickly, that's the worst! We haven't had it in a couple years...hope that doesn't mean it's time :o)
Oh, I hate pink eye! I am so sorry- we've gone the rounds a couple of time with this little devil. THanks for the reminder to pack that medicine for our trip (seems to egg on such things as pink eye). Max is our MAJOR fighter of the eye drops over here - I feel your pain! It did suddenly occur to me one day that the medicine from the doctor was strongly sulfa based, which we have an allergy to. So, his eyes really were burning for a long time afterwards. There is a homeopathic option which worked but didn't seem to cause the same burning. It is by Similasan and is called "Pink Eye Relief"... I use it at the earliest sign of anything now because I HATE pink eye! I'm so sorry you guys are going through this but excited it will be over soon for you! (P.S. I'm sure your ped told you, but mine didn't- you'll want to wash all their bedding- especially pillow cases- because they can get it again from those... pretty not fun.)
A clear demonstration why women are the ones to have the babies...otherwise each family would have approximately one-half of a child....
Post a Comment