Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Without Fail...

Without fail, the few nights that I stay up a little later are always the worst nights.

Just before going to bed, Jack woke up screaming, a sweaty mess, about going to the hospital. I got him back to sleep.

In bed, reading, just about to go to sleep - Charlotte starts crying. I can't sleep when she is crying. I have to wait it out, only a few minutes.

While waiting for Charly, I get into a good part in my book so I keep reading until I look at the clock and say OH CRAP! Quickly I turn off the lights...it takes a bit for my mind to stop working and to sleep.

Around 4:00 the smoke detectors in the house are going off. Jack woke up crying and disoreinted. Got him to calm down while Joel takes the batteries out of the smoke detector. Sage then wakes up and Joel puts her back to bed. Joel informs me that he has not gone to sleep yet - it is super windy and he can't sleep. We both have a hard time goin back to sleep. Charly cries again. My mind eventually stops working.

Five o'clock, Sage wakes up again, I put her back to bed. For some reason her pjs are on inside out and twisted. I sleep on the couch so I don't have to wake up Joel with all my coming and goings. He was still awake when Sage came in.

There is a noise of something hitting the house. There is a weather advisery because of the wind. I go out side and see that one piece of siding is loose and is smacking the house. I yank it out, the nail hits my eye first before falling on the ground. It still hurts.

Sage comes out again about 5:45. This is her normal time to wake up....NO!!!!

I knew when I went to bed late last night that we were going to have lots of commotion during the night. I pray today that I will make it through the day gracefully.

5 comments:

strivingforsunshine said...

May you survive!!!! I hate nights like that.

Khea said...

AH! What an Awful night! I am so sorry!

Britt Wright said...

oh morgan!!! That's horrible! Hopefully, tonight will be a GREAT night! Here's to sleep! =)

Maxmomma said...

Oh Morg! I hope tonight is makes up for it! And that your eye fells better.... blasted nails.

ali said...

At least the wind was from outside!