Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gifts of the Spirit

A few weeks ago at church we had a lesson about the gifts of the Spirit. Now, not to make light of spiritual things, but my kids have already got some down...

Jack has the gift of tongues - at dinner the other night he was saying "nigh-ka" and finally totally that meant "Mom, may I please have some more (of dinner)" in Spanish. I said, "Wow, Spanish? Where did you learn that?" "Oh, I know a lot of Spanish. I learn in my dreams - Heavenly Father teaches me Spanish".

Sage has the gift of interpretation of tongues. She is so in-tune with Charlotte and always tells me what she is doing, saying, needing, eating. When Charly makes a noise, Sage promptly tells me what she said and what it sounds like eg. "Mom, Charly said pthhh like a horse. She's a horse." "Mom, Charly said 'mamama' - she wants mama's milk!"

Yes, I have very in-tune children, what can I say?

4 comments:

Maxmomma said...

I love it! Max also thinks he can speak spanish (his spirit tells him how~)!

Britt Wright said...

VERY CUTE!! For some reason, my kids love to try and speak spanish too. Ethan loves to count to 9. =)

Andy said...

Looks like Joel has a gift of spelling correctly. Good thing I wasn't hearing slay bells, huh? That would be a little freaky.

ali said...

Kossi dallo patollaw.
Let me know when ya figure it out....or just ask Cowboy and Sagebrush to interpret...