Today was our choir's Christmas program during sacrament meeting. Joel sang in the choir and I played. Joel also did a duet with another guy and it was beautiful. I usually don't get a whole lot out of church on Sunday. I'm usually a bit preoccupied with the kids. But since it has been a while since I have blogged, I thought I'd share what thoughts I came home with.
During sacrament meeting I looked back and saw a man that has been going through some mental health problems that has caused some serious problems with his family life. Today, his wife and kids were here. This man was beaming. It was touching to see him with his family. I was so happy for him. It got me all choked up.
During Relief Society I was only half engaged. But at the end there was a comment made by a lady who I respect. She said that you can't live it (being the gospel) partly if you want it to work. She has like 8 kids and half of them are actively participating at church. She said that as she looks back she knows that her working on Sundays and not bringing her kids to church really had its impact. In order for the gospel to be fully effective in our lives, we need to do it all - the scripture study, the prayers, the family-home-evening. I agree. Our church is not a pick and choose religion, or just a Sunday religion. Either you live it or you don't. It requires your life, your all. And I feel deeply that as we lose ourselves in the gospel, that we will truly find ourselves, a better version that we could ever be on our own. I am so grateful for the gospel, the strength, the blessings, the joy, and the protection it provides. The church is true, and so the work and sacrifice it takes is worth it.
That's it. Hope you guys have a great Christmas. I can hardly wait!!!! (More than Christmas, I am excited that my parents and lil' brother are coming to visit. JACK HAS NO IDEA!! IT IS GOING TO BE A HUGE SUPRISE!!!!)
3 comments:
Joel and Trevor were Wonderful. Good stuff. I loved that Charley got to participate as well.
It's funny how as mom's we rarely get much out of sacrament meeting and if we have one younger than 18 months, we often get nothing out of all 3 hours, but I guess something just clicks at the right times when we need it most! I got a lot out of sacrament meeting yesterday too...I'm sure that's because I didn't sit with my kids :o) Thanks for sharking your thoughts!
Morgan-you are so beautiful! I really appreciate your thoughts and testimony. You are such an example to me. Love you!
Post a Comment