It is currently 7:10 in the morning and I haven't seen my kids yet!!
Don't get me wrong, Jack and Sage are awake, they just don't know that I'm awake. They are notorious for waking up super duper early and I finally had enough. New rule: if kids are awake before 6:00 they are sent back to bed. But there is an unintended consequence that I am quite pleased with.
I think that partly from not wanting to be discovered that they were awake, at risk of having to go back to bed, they stay in their rooms and play until I wake up. From what I've observed they are not waking each other up, just turning on their lights and opening their bedroom doors when they wake. When they are both up they play SO NICELY with each other. The majority of the time I've been waking when Charly wakes (or occasionaly when I'm ready to be up), and not when I hear screaming from them fighting. I have no idea why they can't play this nicely during the day. I love listening to them play. It makes me feel so happy. What good buddies they are. Siblings are so important. For some reason, as soon as they know that I'm awake, it all comes crashing down - screaming, not listening, not sharing - ahhhh - I bring out the worst in my kids I guess...
So, for now, I try to sneak quitely to the computer and check my email or read my scriptures before they notice I'm awake. teeheehee
1 comment:
That is awesome! What cute kiddos! It is the world's best feeling as a mother to see our kids genuinely enjoy each other. I love those sweet, rare moments!
Post a Comment