Thursday, September 1, 2011

Eating Area – done!

Warning: I seem incapable of taking a picture when the house is clean…please keep in mind that the house is in construction during these photos and so is really not clean enough to be taking pictures of and sharing but it is what it is.

Before:

P8150014

Wall paint (Harvest Brown):

P8170038

New desk (You can fold up the computer area to hide our mess):

 P8170030

Cabinet painted (Katherine was a machine, Bill her grunt man):

P8190001 

Cabinet doors frosted (compliments of Bill) and with curtains to hide my mess:

P8280010

Window valance completed:

P8310019

 P8310018

That is pretty much all we are going to do right now in there!  The flooring definitely needs to be changed…we are still having discussions about what type of floors… But I’m super excited for what has been done so far.  It is starting to feel like my house and not just a house we live in.  THANK YOU BILL AND KATHERINE FOR ALL YOUR HELP WITH PAINTING!!!!!

Moving onto the next room…

5 comments:

Rheanna said...

Looks fantastic!!! Makes me want to redo a room!

jeanette m said...

Lovin' it! It is looking great. String tied to the front door?? Katherine and Bill are awesome I agree.

ali said...

An amazing transformation! The painting is wonderful....I love the colors...and...the curtain ties everything together! Wow! It is exciting to make a home "your own" and you are well on your way! Yahoo!

Andrea said...

The colors are fabulous, what a great combo. So, the kitchen cupboards... are they salmon color too or are they the original brown? Wood floors, wood floors! I think you should get wooden flooring.

Andrea said...

Oh, and by the way I think the colors look very Californian and west coast like. I think it is great.