There is a hard thing to explain to other people about Jack. Jack is an organizer of events. He likes to organize and be in charge of activities. He is really good with coming up with a grand activity, just needs a little guidance in making the concrete plans of how it is actually going to come about. I took pictures not because it was above and beyond what he normally plans but because it was so Jack and we do stuff like this all the time. I wanted document the regular life of my boy.
Yesterday night he organized an activity for us to do that is just such a Jack thing. We had fireworks, but with less heat. He planned and got ready all afternoon. He set up chairs for everyone, got refreshments ready, lights from the garage so we could all see better, hand sanitizer for those who wanted it, lids and spoons for everyone so we could make the noise of the fireworks (since “fireworks are really really noisy”), and assisted me in getting the fireworks assembled (the fireworks were strikingly similar to baking soda/vinegar volcano explosions). Everything went off flawlessly and he was pleased with the results.
Charlotte was absolutely enamored with it afterwards. She loved making her own bubbles. Every time she would add her baking soda her face would light up in astonishment, her mouth in an ‘o’ and her expressive eyebrows as high as the could reach. It was absolutely adorable. My little scientist. I had left my camera inside and didn’t want to disturb her by leaving, so I didn’t get a proper picture. The picture I did take of her is just before clean up and not as excited, but still captures the moment.
The set up:
The action:
The aftermath:
1 comment:
that is awesome. You have got some little scientists there.
Post a Comment