Monday, February 11, 2008

Thoughts

So obviously it has been a really long time since I've written. I've been having thoughts that I should do better, especially for me just to have a journal-type of thing. Perhaps the thing that made me thing that made me think about it the most was some reading I've been doing. I'm still reading the Old Testament, something that is taking me forever to do, and in an Enrichment Section in the Institute Manual that I'm using had a section about prophets. It was actually good timing in a funny way, it was the week that President Hinckley died before President Monson was officially called, when I was reading this section. My thoughts have been about prophets and how blessed we really are to have a prophet, a real live prophet, living in these latter days. How cool is that? I am so thankful that these men are living up to their callings and giving it their all. Anyways, the manual, which I will terribly paraphrase, but this is what stood out to me, said that sure, "...you say you follow the prophet, but do you read the scriptures daily? Do you have a garden? Keep a journal?" And frankly, no, I don't keep a journal. So that is what really pushed me over the edge to keep a journal, thus this blog. I could get a book and write in it, but I seriously have the worst handwriting. Sometimes when I go back and look at things, I have no idea what I wrote. So yeah, the computer is a good tool for me. I sure hope I keep this up on a semi-regular basis.

No comments: