Monday, March 31, 2008

Waking up in OR

We slept in as much as we could. Katherine was obviously excited too because she was lurking on the driveway btwn her house and ours, "playing ball with Geni dog" waiting for us to surface. Joel jumped right out of bed to go see his dogs - oh, and his mom, of course.

While he was out I went around and took pics of our gorgeous house! It was a great feeling. We both had forgotten how beautiful it is. I'm so happy that after being gone and coming back that looking around the house, there is nothing I would change. NOTHING. The colors are perfect, the layout ideal. Even better was that Bill and Katherine did some work for us while we were gone!

Antique desk - we are going to move it into the office because Jack is too good with the drawers:

Bill and Katherine unboxed all our books and put them onto a book case for us (in the office):

ALL the windows now had bottom ceils (which made a HUGE difference):

The house was perfectly clean! They even steam cleaned the fridge! (Notice that they did move in though with all of Bill's drinks) :)

Bill, Katherine and Joel finally made their way back down to the house, waiting for the big moment to arrive....Jack waking up. We waited.....and waited....and waited. At 11:00 he finally woke up! We were so excited to see Jack's reaction with the dogs. He LOVES dogs. (Lately everything that somewhat resembles an animal, with any sense, he gets excited and pats his belly, calling it to him)

He was a little overwhelmed at first with all 4 dogs, but very quickly warmed up. By the end of the trip, as soon as he woke up, he would start yelling "DOG-DOG" at the top of his lungs, calling them to come. And every time that Geni would come, Jack would ask her where her ball was so he could throw it for her "buh..buh" (with his arms and hands out in the 'why' position)

The most surprising thing the first morning was that Jack was more excited to see his Gma and Gpa Sparks than the dogs! Oh it is great to be home!

3 comments:

Britt Wright said...

your house looks awesome! I bet you'll be excited to bring home your baby girl to a beautiful house. Great work Joel!

Nathan said...

Wow! That is one georgeous house. I bet it's hard leaving it! (and the in-laws of course.)

ali said...

You have been blessed with dear and thoughtful inlaws. How sweet to clean the house for your arrival! I'll never forget Jack laughing when he was attacked by Andrea's dog, Biscuit. He just laughed and rolled with Biscuit's enthusiastic mauling! Jack is a wonder! (I love your dog...but I agree with Jack...Bill and Katherine are more adorable!) By the way...tell Katherine that she looks GREAT!