Monday, May 5, 2008

All fall down!

For an intro to this topic, here is Jack. Okay, so I know this video is sideways, but it is still pretty darn cute!

There have been a few things going on over here that has made it seem like everything is falling down. It is the end of the world as we know it.

Jack has discovered how to climb up onto the chairs and turn the light switches on and off. He has also learned how to OPEN DOORS!! Nothing is sacred anymore. Things on the table or no longer out of reach. Things behind clothes doors are now freely accessible. Oh vey.

Jack has also perfected shaking his head to say 'No'. If he makes a 'k' sound, we can ask him if he wants a cracker [shake his head]. Do you want the keys? [shake his head yes, and says 'yeah']. He is also using this new skill to be obstinate. "Jack, put the bowl down please" [shake his head no]. It is too funny.

My little boy no longer wants to cuddle. Instead of rocking him for a song or two and then putting him in his crib, he wants to go straight to his crib and have his songs there. No more nice big hugs - though he has given more sloppy kisses.

Joel and I had our anniversary on Saturday so we went on our first date since we have been here in Hardin. We knew that Jack would be so sad and crying the entire time. This is only the 2nd time in his life that he hasn't been with his family, the first time he cried the entire time, spending the time just looking out the window for our return. Well, it was with mixed feelings that we left after picking him up from the sitter's house. HE DID GREAT! There was no crying. When he saw us he didn't run toward us with big hugs, so excited to see us. He waved and then carried on eating his applesauce. That was it.

Oh, and to top it off, on Sunday he ran off with the Young Men. The YM in this branch for some reason absolutely love and adore babies and toddlers. ADORE them. They usually come and say hi, give Jack high-5 and then try to pick him up and play with him. He usually starts whining when they touch him. On Sunday, Jack was running down the hall with them, leaving our sight, and was happy as can be.

He is totally growing up - no longer needing his parents. It is bittersweet, but definately sweet. I guess it is time for the other one to come.

5 comments:

ali said...

Okay...let me reassure you that Jack is not quite "all grown up!" He still needs you and Joel. Who would cut his food? Sing while he falls down? Kiss his "owies" and adore his little antics? In fact, I've been waiting for Nate to "be all grown up." I'm afraid that I've just passed the torch to Lauren! Jack is an awesome "ring around the rosie" guy! I really thought he tripped and plummeted...........

ali said...

From Dad:WOW - such footwork!! I'm duly impressed with Jack's ability to reverse direction and then to fall-down in a fetal postion! I never knew we had such a talent reservoir in our gene pool! Also, I was so impressed with the musical back-up. Look out David Archeleta and the American Idol Back-up Trio. They have nothing over Joel and his musical talents! I loved every aspect of your blog! It is the best and so very well done. I'm impressed!!!!

Britt Wright said...

so very cute! Maybe, mom and dad will check our blogs more often...maybe, just maybe. Jack is adorable and even if you feel like he is growing up, you soon will have a cute baby to take care of.

Emily S. said...

it IS bittersweet! I read this and picture my Noah in a few short months at it seems ALL TOO FAST! I also rock and sing to my baby to put him to bed. How sad for the day he will not need it any more!

Still... on to cooler and cooler things, right?

Lauren said...

Morgan! That is just too adorable! It's fun to see them get more independent (well, at least a little). :) He is so darling! I'm glad y'all were able to go out for a nice annivesary celebration. Happy anniversary! Don't worry, Jack still needs you (and always will)! He is such an absolute doll!