Friday, October 24, 2008

Jack

Believe it or not, but I really do have a handsome little boy. You would never guess it looking at pictures. Ever since we went to California, he has learned to smile for the camera. And now it is impossible for him to NOT smile when the camera is out. He looks like he is in pain. It is too funny.

Why this focus on Jack? Well, this morning he had another seizure. So before I forget all the details, I decided to write them down. We are going to Portland on the 30th for an EEG and an MRI. We are going for sure to this one. Thank goodness we did not cancel the appointment with the specialist in November.

This morning Jack slept in. It was getting to the point that I was going to check on him because I was going to get worried that something was wrong. Then I heard Jack at his bedroom door. He was so happy with himself because he had gotten out of bed and opened his bedroom door all by himself. He turned, wanting me to help him lift the rail up on his crib. I did so. As he bent down to lift the rail he cringed his neck, put his hand on his head and started crying. I recognized this from last time, so I took him in my arms, called his name (as if I was going to snap him out of it), and layed him on the ground. The crying stopped. He was unresponsive, but still breathing. His body jerked once or twice. His eyes weren't rolling around crazy style like last time, but were more avoiding eye contact. It lasted less than a minute. Then he came to, and started crying again. Then it was over. We had some quiet time, Sis in the Bjorn, me holding and rocking Jack, and then had breakfast. He is totally fine now.

Last time it was a little more traumatic. Jack was getting down from a kitchen chair, and did the same head jerk, started to cry and put his hand on his head like he hit it. (I was sitting there watching him, so I know he did not hit his head.) He came to me for comfort. He suddenly stopped crying and dropped backwards onto the tile floor, hitting his head really hard. No crying. Unresponsive. Very still except for his eyes. His eyes rolled side to side, back and forth, like crazy. I was too busy trying to get him to snap out of it to take note if he was breathing or not. He finally came to, crying, but was calling my name and looking for me, not seeing me, even though I was right there. It was longer this first time, still in the 1 minute range. He cried for quite a bit afterwards, but then was fine. It was just really wierd.

Jack is such a good little boy. I love him so very much. It has almost been 2 years now - and every night I fall asleep thinking of him, with a big smile on face. He really is a joy to be with...most of the times, that is. He does have toddler moments. I'm not looking foward to Thursday, but I do feel it neccessary. Drawing blood was very traumatic for all involved, let alone sedatation through an IV. Fun, fun. I'll keep ya'll posted.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

How scary! Glad he's ok now. Hope the doctors can provide some insight. The pictures though are adoreable- I love that he's winking in every picture.

Katia said...

I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Like Ashley said, I too hope the doctors will find out why little Jack keeps having these seizures. Hopefully it's something minor.
You do have a very handsome boy. Cannot imagine why you love him so much:o)

Mary Victoria said...

Oh Morgan.
Keep us all posted.
I'm so glad he has you as his mommy! The pictures are wonderful :)

Britt Wright said...

I love Jack's smile. The camera smile. haha, he makes me laugh. Keep us posted on how things go with Mr. Jack. Love ya.

jamie lynette said...

Gosh I can't even imagine what you guys have been feeling lately. Poor little Jack. We're praying for all of you.

I must add your 2 little ones are just too cute. Jack's cheeser face is priceless!