Sunday, October 5, 2008

Last Week

What a crazy week.

On Monday Joel and I went to the dentist, our new one in Tri-Cities. Always good to do. It was like a date because Joel stayed for both appointments so we could take turns with Sis (the only name Sage will know), we went to lunch afterwards, and Bill and Katherine had Jack. Only, it turns out that Jack isn't the one we should have been worried about. Geni [Jen-ee], our dog, got hit by a truck! Well, she actually ran into it. I guess Simba, Bill and Katherine's German Shepherd, started chasing a truck on the street and Geni started chasing too. Obviously our dog has not honed the desired skill of chasing cars because she ran into the back tire. Her hip is all out of joint and she is wrapped up, having to stay in a 4x4 area for 7 days. She is in a lot of pain, that poor dog. She should be fine though.

Tuesday was another fun day. Jack woke up cranky and after about an hour of crying I decided to make him some Rooibus tea to cheer him up. Sounds nice, right? I sat him up with his tea on a normal chair in the kitchen, turned to get my tea and WHAM Jack was on the ground. More screaming and crying. (Yes, this is the SAME chair Jack was on when he had a seizure - which FYI we decided to hold off on the MRI and EEG.) Jack refused to stand, let alone walk, and was constantly screaming for the next 2 hrs. Not even playing and the car with the keys stopped him from screaming. For those who know Jack, he is obsessed with keys and playing in cars, so this was a tell-tale sign that something was wrong. I called the doctor and they could fit him in that afternoon. Here is Jack pictured a few days ago when he thought Peanut Butter would make lovely shampoo:

So waiting for the doctor's appointment....waiting....more non stop screaming and crying (yes - after a few hours, all 3 of us were crying). Then I had one of those moments. I was sitting next to Geni's confinement, attempting to put her on a leash so we could take her to go potty, trying to feed a hungry screaming Sage, Jack screaming and climbing on top of me - I just started to pray over and over and again, "Father, I need help. Father, I need help." Do you remember on the Lord of The Rings, the first movie, when Frodo got stabbed and Arwen made her first angelic appearance? Just beautiful. Time stood still. The light that shined from her. The singing in the background. Okay, I don't know if there really was singing in the background, but there was for me at that moment because through the door my angel came, whisked up Jack, who stopped screaming and crying immediately. Joel came home from work to give me help! It is a 20 minute drive home for Joel but there he was right when I need him. Here is Jack and Joel on our way down to California a few weeks ago.
Joel really saved the day. He set us up with a snack, entertainment, sleeping facilities, and everything I needed to get through until nap time. And then just as quickly as he came, he was gone. Back to work. It turns out that Jack sprained his ankle. The x-rays didn't show any break, which surprised the doctor. The nurses thought that Jack had cute Fred Flinstone feet and so photocopied one of the x-rays for us. Only today, Sunday, has Jack started to put weight on his foot and walk around. The entire week he has been carried or crawled very gingerly to get around.
Wednesday. Yes, we are only here. It really was a long week. I had to bring Sage in to get her 2 month shots. The doctor's office ran out of shots when we went in for her check-up so I had to bring her back in. Weird, huh? Holy cow, this girl is a wuss. She cried and screamed and cried some more, long after the shots stopped bleeding. Inconsolable. I finally gave up and just drove home. I think she wore herself out and fell asleep with assistance from the vibrating car. But when we got home, more upsetness. Here is Sage how I always hope she is, but there was defintely none of this for the rest of that evening and good part of the next day:
Thursday was MUCH better. The morning was all about me. A well deserved break if you ask me. I got my hair done! I hadn't had it cut or colored since December/January-ish. Those who have seen me know that I was pretty sorry looking. I feel so much more like myself now with my hair not being my natural color. I'm still trying to decide if I like it - and I think I do. The bangs are really throwing me off.
Friday was uneventful, thankfully. Even though Jack was a gimp and could not stand up because of his ankle, he still managed to get out of his crib and also escaped out the front door without me knowing. With the sand and the stickers in the sand he didn't get too far with his crawling.
Saturday was General Conference. The morning didn't start out too well out our house (no details will be given), but ended good because I was able to cook and clean up from dinner, bake a couple loaves of bread, bathe the kids and have them in their pjs by the time Joel came home from priesthood session. I felt very accomplished. Now, if I fit a shower in for myself, I would be have been able to be translated. I'm sure of it. That would have meant I reached perfection.
And that brings us to today - where I've stayed up way too late but feel good unwinding from the week, hopefully geared up to take another one on. I sure love my kids. I'm totally crazy about them. Oh, but I do love that they sleep more than I do so I can have at least a little bit of time to breathe deeply by myself.
Signing out.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh Morgan! You poor thing! That is quite a week!
My running comments:
Peanut butter? I bet that took several scrubbings!

Poor Geni! I hope she's okay!

Awww, Jack! A sprained ankle? Poor little sweetie!

What a great hubby! Cute pic of Jack & Daddy!

Sage is so beautiful!

I LOVE your hair! So cute! You deserve moments to breathe! And have your hair done, of course.

Love you to pieces Morg!
Lo

Here's to having a better week!

Lauren said...

You HAVE to have a good birthday week!

Britt Wright said...

Oh Morg! I hope that this week is better than last. And I agree with Lo, it's your birthday week...it has got to be a good one. Love ya.

Emily S. said...

your week sounds as rough as mine, only I didn;t have all the good excused you did!! I was just a moody mess... I am so glad Jack is feeling better. And your hair looks REALLY cute.

And that girl's dimples??!!?? To die for!!

ali said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Okay, laughing is always better! I remember a bit of wisdom my mother passed onto me when I was having a particularly bad day. I had worked late the night before. Nate and Andrea were up bright and early. They climbed onto the kitchen counter, navigated their way to the "unreachable" cupboard above the oven and ate an entire bottle of Flintstone vitamins with iron. They intially tried to deny it, but the bottle was empty and they both had multicolored lips and tongues. I was on to them. I had to drive to the store, purchase ipecac syrup, drive home and make them take it. For the next 3 hours they were sitting on the toilet and barfing into the garbage cans while screaming, "I'm so sorry Mommy!" Just then my mother called from SLC. I told her my woes and she said, "Cherish these days, they won't last forever." At the time I thought it was good advice as long as the razor blades were out of reach. Now I appreciate her wisdom.

ali said...

By the way...
Your hair is darling...
Jack reminds me of Indiana Jones...
Joel is definitely your knight in shining armour...
When ya look like Sage you can cry anytime...reason or no reason...We are sending Scooter to take "chasing"lessons from Geni!
Love you TONS! Mom