A few weeks ago it was my birthday. I am 25 now. I don't feel very old until I talk to people that I went to High School with. Most of them are not married, let alone have a house and kids. It makes me feel like I'm too old for my age. But I sure do love my husband and kids, so I would not trade them for the world.
So what did I do on my birthday? Well, the kids and I went to the park in the morning. When Joel came home I got my birthday present:
Cows! Just what I always wanted! (Please read sarcastically.) There are three of them. One for us, one for Bill and Katherine, and one for Bishop Hansen. Since we had them, we barely see them. They are out on the pasture somewhere, hanging out by the fence next to our neighbor's cows.
Jack was so excited to get cows. We go for a walk everyday and see cows. He stepped right up to the plate to do what he needed to do to take care of his own. He was so cute trying to bring some water for the calfs. Hopefully the cows were able to share the bowl that was only 1/8 full. :)
(He really is happier than he looks.)
Another picture from the day. The horses were curious about their new neighbors.
That night, Joel arranged for Bill to watch Jack so he could take me to town to eat some dinner. We went to this place someone at work recommended to Joel, saying that it was on the nicer side with good food. So we thought we would give it a go.
When we got there, we had the strangest experience. The first thing they said when we walked into the door was that they didn't have any highchairs. I told them that was okay since Sage couldn't even sit up yet. So they eventually led us into the little dining area - they rearranged a table into the middle of the room and had us sit. And then we waited...and waited. A couple at another table started to leave (we guess they were waiting forever too) but the waitress stopped them and they sat back down. As we were sitting there, the worst feeling came over us. I was trying to ignore it, but I could feel that I was trying to keep my entire body from shaking. Joel started to have cold sweats. Thankfully Sage was happy and as cute as could be. It would have been really bad if she was cranky, like she so often is. It was just a terrible atmosphere. So we looked at each other and decided to leave. Once we got enough nerve to walk out of the restaurant (neither one of us had done that before) we ran for the door, avoiding the waitress. This feeling did not leave us until we went to a restaurant that we had been to many times before. A Mexican restaurant with great guacamole. The change of atmosphere was amazing. As soon as we walked in, everyone who worked there was cooing over Sage - even while I was feeding her! So the evening ended up really nice. But we are never going back to that other place.
A few days later, Joel made me my birthday cake. It was white cake with cream cheese frosting. (Sage and chocolate do not mix well at all, so I avoid it at all costs.) Here are a few shots from the night.
Licking the icing off the candles is one of my favorite things to do on my birthday. I tried to show this to Jack, but he kept biting the candle, so I had to finish it off my self.
Even Sage liked got a taste ;)
Happy Birthday to all those who celebrate theirs the same day - my niece Liliana; Cedar Harper (my friend Kim's little girl); and my friend Amelia's niece.
3 comments:
Morg, you look GREAT!!! Miss skinny....Happy Birthday. Looks like the cake was good.
Hey Morgan, I don't think I wished you Happy Birthday.... I hope it's not too late to say Happy Birthday!!!! Looks like you had a pretty good time. You have a beautiful family and good looking cows :o) What more can you ask for, right? Love ya
Are you really 25 years old? That is really, really ancient! I wonder why the first restaurant was so scary. Maybe they heard about your neat birthday gift and were trying to abduct them while you were distracted in the center of the restaurant! Anyways, you are beautiful and accomplished and I couldn't be prouder of you! Mom
Post a Comment