Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election 2008

I am happy to say that I voted. I brought the kids down to the ballot drop off box yesterday, and Jack put our ballots in. (Oregon does vote by mail, or drop off ballot on election day.) What a long crazy road this election has been. Very exciting. Joel and I spent the evening on the Internet watching all the different news sites of the election. Joel was dissapointed that it went so quickly - it was obvious that Obama won once Ohio was in, about 6:30 our time.

John McCain had a great speech last night - very sincere, heartfelt. I am with the commentators on this one: that was the John McCain that was lost somewhere during the campaigning. I never knew that John McCain, and so was surprised to see it last night. I felt sad for him, and thought that maybe he would not have been that bad of a president afterall. Maybe I would have voted for him if that John McCain had run.

Oh, but Obama! I'm totally excited. I think it is a change that we needed. I am sure that Bush being the most unapproved president, I want to say EVER (or at least for a very long time), (approval rating around 30%) , probably helped. Oh, and the fact that he is awesome probably helped too.

Hopefully he is all he said he is, and will do all he said he will.

6 comments:

Maxmomma said...

What an election year, eh? I agree with McCain on a lot more of his ethical stands and policies, so this will be interesting. I do love Obama's charisma and good family life (I spent several months planning on voting for him). I think he will do good things and we are praying for him with all he has to bear now.

Now- you wonderful woman- I had no idea of all this going on with Jack. I am so sorry you are all having to go through this! So hard for a mom to see her little one go through things like this. You are being a champ though, and I am so impressed! I wish I were there to help! We're on the west coast now, just too far south...alas.

Love you and our prayers will be with you all.

Katia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katia said...

Hey, Morgan!
I did like the convenience of voting by mail in Oregon last time I voted in 2004. I must say that I did my part as well and voted and it was not as bad here in Utah as I thought it would be. I came and went. Didn't have to wait in line at all. It was not as crowded probably because of the many early voters.
I'm very glad that this seemingly endless campaign is now over and we can finally move on and take care of business. I think John McCain is a stud after hearing his speech congratulating Obama for his victory. As a McCain supporter I sincerely hope and wish that Obama is gonna prove himself to be the kind of president everybody has been so anxious to have. I do want him to succeed and hope that his plans are going to work for the best of all.

Anonymous said...

I found election night pretty exciting as well. Thanks for sending me the link to your blog.
Kim

Mary Victoria said...

Rockin the Obama high in Iraq! You'd be supprised how many supporters are here...

I think about you and your Jack every night... I'm with Kristen, I'm SO impressed :)

Love you!

Unknown said...

I'm in the group that didn't vote for Obama....but I want him to be successful. I hope that his heart is as golden as his tongue! I heard that McCain is sleeping like a baby...he wakes up crying every 2 hours!
Mom