Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pumpkins

Happy Halloween!

Obviously a bit belated. But, oh well.

We carved pumpkins this year for Family Home Evening. We started the evening going to the Sanchez's house to pick pumpkins from their garden. The Sanchez's have an amazing garden every year - they are our main suppliers of every veggie and fruit that can be grown in the area. And they are extremely generous.

After dinner we carved the pumpkins! Here are some pictures from the evening.

Sage's face is priceless:

Jack working hard:
My boys Jack has some great faces:

A few days before Halloween we went trunk or treating at the church. The Young Men and Women put it on. It was great. A great turnout on both those providing the candy and those getting the candy. I hope they do it next year. For some reason I didn't take a picture, but Jack and Joel were twin cowboys. A big stretch, right? They both had their boots, hats, flannel shirts and belt buckles. Way too cute. Sage wore Halloween pjs (it was very cold) and I was, well, a mom-who-didn't-have-time-to-dress-herself-up-because-she-was-getting-everyone-else-ready-to-go-and-so-didn't-wear-anything-special. I think it is my best costume yet. It took me all day to find the costume and get ready :)

Halloween, we didn't go out. We did have our traditional Halloweenies. (A hot dog with mashed potatoes and melted cheese on top). Evidently I'm the only one in the family who continues to have this traditional meal, but it really is not as gross as it sounds. I guess it depends on who you ask. A few years ago I made it for Bill and Katherine on Halloween. Without going into any details, it was a total flop. We'll leave it at that.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Mary Victoria said...

I'm stuck on the fresh garden veggies...oh, yum.

(and I LOVE the black & White photo)

Katia said...

Very cute photos.... and you are such a good looking mom. Your costume must have turned out great :)

Maxmomma said...

What do you know, I went as a mom-who-didn't-have-time-to-dress-herself-up-because-she-was-getting-everyone-else-ready-to-go-and-so-didn't-wear-anything-special, too!

I love the B&W photos- you look great! What a beautiful family!

The fresh stuff is always best- I am hooked on the farmer's markets here.

What is the news from the EKG???

Unknown said...

Yes, the "famous Sanchez family" pulls through again! Joel looks a little too scary with that big knife...a little too enthusiastic. Sage looks like she was getting into the spirit. Jack is so cute...I bet he loved the slimy feel of the pumpkin seeds! Honey, I'm sure that your costume was great. At least an improvement over your regular "accident victim" that you favored in your youth! Mom