...and there are so many things that mean that winter is coming and that it is going to be too cold to go outside with a little baby (I use her as an excuse when I think it is too cold) and the sun is not going to shine for months. It is a little, well, sad. The sun is already set by 4:30 lately.
Today when I was feeding Sage Jack wanted to go outside. I told him he needed to go get his pjs off and get his clothes on first. He ran to his bedroom to bring me his clothes, and he came out with his swimsuit. Obviously he is having summer withdrawals. (His ackward position is due to the fact that he thinks he needs to charge me every time I have the camera out.)
I guess Jack is not the only one. Katherine and I got pedicures last week. I had to take a picture because I can only wear close-toed shoes or I'll freeze my beautiful toes off. (Joel doesn't think they are very beautiful, so I have to rub it in every chance I get. He thinks his feet are much better looking. For a detailed comparison, see below.) My feet are starting to no longer be sore. They shaved off all my hard earned callouses, and I have to build them up again to be able to walk. Now that I wrote that down, I guess that is pretty gross to share. Sorry.
Joel is making use of the darkness. He is using the time to do things around the house that needed to get done, like put the molding up on the cabinets. Floor molding and closet doors are going to be coming up pretty soon on the to do list. That should be exciting.
Fall is beautiful. I just love to be outside. I love for Jack to be outside. I love for Sage to feel the sunshine and still be bundled up in cute little outfits that keep her warm. I had an idea where I was going with this little rant, but now that I'm on it, I don't remember where I was going with it. I can't even think of an intelligent way to end this entry. So, to leave you, here is the little reason my mind is still sometimes confusing even to myself because we're still up several times a night (but she is totally worth it):
1 comment:
Do you know what is seriously funny? For some strange reason, the only picture that is showing up on this post (for me) is the one of Joel's foot. It's cracking me up.
Anyway, I love Fall too...it's my favorite season!
Enjoy it before it gets too cold! Love you Morg!
Lo
Post a Comment