Friday, March 20, 2009

Sunshine

Ahhhh...now doesn't that feel nice? The sun is out, it is not windy - it is a perfect spring-like day. Fall used to be my favorite season, but I'm thinking that I'm a Spring girl now. It is just so refreshing and rejuvenating. I love being outside. I am so excited to start our garden this year. We already purchased the seeds, and I just can't wait.

It has been too long since I've written on here. In my head I've started many, what I was going to say, what picture to add. But alas, thinking about it doesn't get me very far. And now that I'm sitting in front of the computer, I can't think of anything at all. I guess I'll just talk randomly:

We went to story time today. And I left feeling like a dude. Let me explain...I got a girl's telephone number! She is young, has two kids 3 and 1, lives in Irrigon, and said doesn't know any other young kids in Irrigon! Perfect match! So we exchanged numbers and are going to have a playdate. I'm pretty excited. And just to show that I'm a true Mormon with hidden agendas: when doing the 21 day promise thing none of my people came to church (I did get a rain check, which I'm happy about), but this chick just shows up for the first time at story time. The thought did cross my mind - this could be the one! Lol. It would be cool, but I'm just excited to have friends in Irrigon.

I'm ready to aggressively take a go of doing preschool with Jack. We do lots of things together with shapes, books, art, puzzles, letters, etc. But I'm going to start doing something a little more formally. I already talked to a friend and she said that she would be interested in doing something like that with me. So, if anyone else is interested, let me know. It would be fun to do it with a few kids and moms.

Joel is picking up stuff for our sprinklers today. I am feeling guilty for wanting grass. Jack absolutely loves to go exploring in the sand. He just sets out with a spoon, and he is a happy little guy. I thought having grass and a 3 ft fence would be nice for the kids but I see that it is totally selfish now - a big grassy cage. Jack is going to hate it! Then I want to put Joel's playground making skills to work to put one in the backyard. And then my gazebo, and the fire pit, and then chicken coop (which is going to be coming sooner than later, and not in the backyard), and then, and then......breathe in...breathe out...one thing at a time. We have big plans.

Sage started on oatmeal yesterday. Her stomach is so sensitive, and so far so good. Well, she did wake up screaming at midnight last night, but she did eventually fall back asleep. Squash and sweet potatoes are getting out of season, so I don't know what I'm going to feed her. You can only eat so much applesauce. She is such a funny girl sometimes, but she sure knows what she wants and already throws tantrums when she doesn't get it. And she is not easily distractable. I think she is going to give us a run for our money when she gets older.

I am planning to do a game show for singing time this week with the older kids. All of the pieces have not fallen together yet, so I hope it works out. I sure love my calling. It is a lot of fun. How long do they typically keep people as primary music leader? I know they usually release you if you like your calling :) They released me from Activity Day girls, and that was a blast. And I got to keep CTR 5 teacher - I was getting a little burnt out on that. So I was happy for the change.

I've been doing sit ups lately. I don't think that there has been any change, but it does feel good to dedicate some time to me. I am in the vicinity of my wedding-weight, which I'm happy about. The weight is definitely dispersed differently. I still have a few more pounds I'd like to lose, but oh well. I'll keep working at it.

I better go and get the house clean. Joel has been patient with me - we've all been sick this week, Joel even taking a sick day (which NEVER happens). So the house has been neglected. As long as there is improvement from when he left in the morning, he is a happy man. He's a keeper when he's happy, so I try to help him get to and stay there...not always successfully...but we won't go into that.

Enjoy the sun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grass is good, but boys love dirt. If there's an area you can keep a little dirt for the boy, he'll love you forever (well, I am sure he would love you anyway!). Our boys were, maybe still are, sad with our house here because there's no dirt for them to play in. We've got a gravel area on the side of the house that we think we might endulge their boy wishes for dirt/sand. At our old house we had a huge dirt hill, a sand box and irrigation water they could run down the hill all summer long! When we moved, we had to fill in the grand canyon they created with the water on the hill, it had erroded several feet deep! I have many a mud picture! Good times. Grass sure is nice too.

So, the sun lasted about 2 minutes. Rain! Ugh! I always have to remind myself that we need some rain and also that I do live in Eastern Oregon, so it's much less rain that it could be.

Britt Wright said...

Morg, I can't believe that you're almost to your wedding-weight weight. Get it? Awesome! Keep those sit-ups a comin. haha.