Monday, March 30, 2009

Missoula's Children Theater

I absolutely love getting flowers. LOVE it. So last week I did what I had to to get this beautiful arrangement. The Missoula Children's Theatre came to town and I got to play the piano for it. This is my third year doing so. This year it was Robinson Crusoe I enjoy doing it, but it proved to be challenging with the the kids. It was only a few hours a day for a week, but I sure feel it for you working moms. That's tough. I was tired. And I know this will sound cheezy, but my kids bring me joy. So not being with them last week was hard on me. It was a good week, nice having a break, but there wasn't a lot of joy. I missed them. I'm happy that I get to stay home (yes, some days more than others, but happy nonetheless.)

Yes, I'll do it again if they ask me. It is good to be involved and good for the kids to see that I have a life. The kids in the play did a great job. I think it is a great program that enriches the life of all those involved.

2 comments:

Britt Wright said...

I love that even though we talk on the phone every Monday...which by the way I LOVE...I still learn new things about you. And I don't think it is cheezy finding joy in your children. If it is, then I'm in big trouble! I guess I'm a cheese ball too!

Maxmomma said...

I am in absolute awe that you can accompany- that is such a wonderful skill! How cute to do it for the play as well. It's true though- when we are full time moms, something feels off when we are away from them for longer than one of their naps would span.

Enjoy those flowers- you earned them!