If you have seen me today, I'm sorry that I looked like a stick in the mud - I was! Now, please don't laugh (but if you do, your in good company.)
It has happened only a handful of times in my life...the first being in 7th or 8th grade when we were living in Australia. I called my mom to take me home early and all the teachers and office people who saw me tried hard not to laugh in my face. When my mom came she didn't even try to hide her laughter. Even yesterday when I called my mom to tell her, she again burst out in hysterics. Mind you, it is very funny to see me, but it is painful.
What is it you ask? I can't move my neck. It is stuck. Moving it hurts bad. So I have to turn my entire body around to see next to me. Thankfully this time it got stuck in an upright position. Yes, it doesn't always...For some reason or another I get muscle spasms in my neck. There is a technical name for what happens, but I don't recall. This started Friday night, but today was by far the worst day. It goes away after a few days (or up to a few weeks, I've heard).
So if I looked a little awkward and have a sour look on my face, please don't take it personally. Give me a few days... :)
6 comments:
torticollis?
Poor thing, hope you feel better soon!
oops, anonymous is andrea (:
i'm sorry!
happened to me when i was 17 years old. it is so painful!
Okay, I even laughed at your posting! Mom
Post a Comment