I've been wanting to write about Sage for a long time. I was planning to do it when Sage turned 18 months back in January, but it never happened. And now, she is 21 months, and I feel that I've been neglecting to document her achievements and how much we utterly adore her.
This girl has really grown up and is the cutest, funniest, most independent beautiful girl. She is a talker and has SOOOOO many words. She has nice manners, always saying thank you. She is very clear about what she wants and doesn't want. She wants to do EVERYTHING herself, and gets mad when you try to help, yet isn''t afraid to ask for help. She still wants to do everything that Jack is doing, but definitely has her own independent thoughts. She is a girly girl that loves animals, babies, bags, clothes, shoes, and loves to to be adored. At the same time, she is a tough girl, loves playing in the dirt, jumping in puddles, working with tools and on cars, and is able to stand up for herself. I love that she is not a push-over.
The fact that she HAS to be sleeping with her arms around at least 4 stuffed animals makes me laugh. I love that the faster she tries to run, the more her hips shake and arms flail, but her speed doesn't change one bit over her normal walking speed. I love her sweet little voice saying "Ew gross" and her voice even makes whining sound cute (though not less annoying). I love that she dresses herself, usually getting Jack's clothes to put on (Jack says he's fine with that). I'm just totally in-love with this gorgeous girl, with the peaches-and-cream complexion, gigantic dimples, and striking eyes.
Sage, you make me melt. I love you.

4 comments:
It is sweet how you speak of Sage. It's nice to look on here every now and then when I get a moment and catch up on the family! I can relate as well. Poor Malachi has only a few posts and she's nine months already. Sage is a beauty and its good to know that the independence streak is in fact a part Tanner gene! Love you all.
Now you know the joys of raising a little girl. You made me melt.
Dad
I love Sage too! She is absolutely gorgeous and is so blessed to have such a loving mother! Thank you for sharing....
Mom
Post a Comment