Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Date With Jack

Jack was having a hard time sitting in his seat one Sunday, so Shiela, new in the primary presidency, invited him to sit by her. He sat down, looked at her boots, looked at her face, looked at her boots, looked at her face, smiled and then pulled his pant leg up to shoe her his boots. They have been buddies ever since.

Jack invited Shiela to come over and play with him, and today was the day. She came to play and eat lunch with us. Before she came, Jack asked me if Shiela and I would not talk because he invited her over to play with him. It was so much fun and Jack laughed the entire time. They played in the dirt, fed the chickens, chased a frog, played with his toys and read books. I am so thankful for her taking time out for us. Jack felt so special and loved. He said that being with her makes him feel happy. Thank you, thank you, thank you Shiela!

4 comments:

Rheanna said...

That is so sweet! I love when my kids have a special bond with someone outside our immediate family!

Maxmomma said...

That is so darling! What a cool boy! What a cool Shiela!

tina said...

Sheila is the best. We once had a primary teacher do that for Paden too, as his invitation. She was so gracious for agreeing to it! :-)

ali said...

Can I have Sheila's phone number? I like to chase frogs too!
Mom