In case you didn’t know, I love food! I love good food. I love to make good food. Lately I’ve been obsessed with eating salads for lunch and dinner. Part of the reason for this is because I have a new favorite dressing that I just can’t get enough of. My friend Kim, who I just idolize because she is just simply amazing, makes the dressing and so I finally got the recipe she uses. You are supposed to beat it, but my food processor does a mighty fine job. Just try it, you’ll love it – trust me.
Poppy Seed Dressing:
Combine 3/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated onion. Mix thoroughly. Add 1 cup vegetable (not olive) oil little by little. When added and dressing is thick, add 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds; beat one minute more.
While I’m at it, here is Kim’s Pesto recipe that makes all store bought pesto become unpalatable. She has given it to me MANY times before and I keep on losing it, so now at least I will always know where a copy is.
Pesto:
3 Tablespoons nuts (pine nuts that have been toasted are the ultimate, but supposedly you can use a different type of nuts, but it won’t be as good), 2 cups Basil, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese (I had been grating mine first but last time we made it Katherine just cut a chunk off the cheese and I must say, after feeling stupid for not thinking of it because it was an obvious yet brilliant time saver, it was a flavor enhancer), 1/2 oil. Put in food processor and enjoy! This freezes well.
Happy eating!
2 comments:
That salad looks DIVINE! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
You are way too nice to me! I just borrow recipes from others.
Post a Comment