This past Saturday I had to opportunity to play for a special musical number at a funeral for a 6 yr old boy who has died from leukemia. It was really sad, I didn't even know him, and only know of the family, but it was definately a tear jerker. It was also the BEST funeral that I've ever been to in terms of the talks given. Anyway, the song I accompanied was for Michael McLean's song Together Forever Someday. When Shiela (the woman who was asked to sing) called and asked if I could play for her, we both thought it an odd song. I've thought of it as more of a soft rock, upbeat song. But the more I sang it to myself and hearing Shiela sing it, even just practicing brought us both to tears. It was beautiful and the message perfect given the circumstances. I would want it too:
Well, it's hard to say goodbye and let go, and it's hard to see it end,
when the mem'ries we've just made may never happen again.
But it's harder for time to ever erase the together times we've shared.
So, when we're apart remember all the love we've shared together;
and for all that love, thank the Lord above who showed us the way
that we can be together forever someday,
we can be together forever someday,
we will be together forever someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment