Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cabinet Glimpse

 

P8200005 P8200004

In addition to the kitchen, front room and 2 kid rooms, Katherine painted one of our built-in cabinets for us.  I have always liked painted furniture, always been drawn to the red or green ones.  I wanted some color in the house, but all the colors I liked would have been overwhelming on the walls.  So we decided to do neutral on the walls in the main areas and to add the color on the built-in cabinets and in the curtains.  I love LOVE it so far.  The cabinet pictured above is in the kitchen/eating area.  It is not the color I expected, so I was a little weary as the paint started going on, but the more I see it the more I love it.  The handles were outdated.  Fortunately the oval backing was separate and just the handle works better than expected.  I’ll take more pictures as I finish the curtains to give a more completed look.  Eventually we’ll do an overhaul on the flooring and countertops and what not.  Exciting stuff!

No comments: