Sunday, August 14, 2011

Spoiled

I feel so special that my inlaws drove 16 hours to be here for a visit and my parents and lil bro were in Long Beach for the week and drove 4 hrs to come up to see us. We had a hobo hot dog bbq at the river, walked the property, and then mom, dad, and Thabo left. They drove 5 hrs or so to San Diego. I felt so special that they came do far out of the way to see me. It was SOOOO good to see them. It was their first time here.

Can I tell you how much I love the river? It is about 7 mins away and has a HUGE shallow area. It has sand that looks like gold and tadpoles and a large sandy area. It is crazy because it is also extrememly underused. We are usually there by ourselves, and occasionaly there is a handful of other people. We brought our dog (Bill and Katherine brought her down) and Bill and Katherine's dog Bella. Thabo threw the ball for her the entire time and both dogs had a great time. We go to the river several times a week. Geni is going to love it.

3 comments:

ali said...

We LOVED seeing everyone! It was totally worth the trip. When you tell us about your home, property and magical river...we will know exactly what you're talking about! We love you!
Mom

The Galvez-Wrights said...

Morgs,
Got your message, sorry I didn`t have a moment to call you back this weekend. We cleaned the carpet yesterday and that kept us tre busy.
Glad the folks visited you- how fun! And....I am loving the NEWS about the baby. Names por favor?
Love,
Andrea

strivingforsunshine said...

I bet Geni dog was happy to see the lot of you. :) I'm a bit envious about your river local. I'm going to miss living so close to a river.