Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Wednesday was the beginning of the end…Jack started school.  I can’t tell you how crazy that is.  Having him home seemed forever but now that it is over, it flew by so fast.  Getting ready he wanted gel in his hair and so I put it in, and he wanted it in a mohawk, but then looked in the mirror and asked if it looked stupid.  I asked if he liked it, but he wasn’t completely satisfied, so we laid it down.  This is the very first time that Jack has ever EVER been concerned about his looks…

There was no crying from him or from me when I took him.  We got there early so we were able to play on the playground for a little bit.  Then I gave him a hug in his classroom and that was that! 

Pictures before we left the house:

P8170020 P8170019

Pictures at school:

P8170025 P8170024 P8170021

P8170023

So, how’d he do?  Well, when I picked him up in the loading zone, he was next to the teacher and when she saw me she turned around and said that Jack did great.  Then she looked at me again in the eye, nodded her head and said, “No, he was awesome.  He did really, really good.”  I am so proud of him.

All that Jack could tell me about was that they played, ate snack and lunch, and what the hot lunch for tomorrow was.  He said it was good and seemed so happy and excited to go back tomorrow.  Someone accidently took his lunch but he told the teacher and they found the culprit only after the kid drank his juice box but before he got the fruit snack.  I asked him if was worried about it but he said “no”.  He had 3 different name tags and Katherine tried to take one off, but he slapped his hand over it super quick to keep it on his shirt.  It was funny.

When he got home he got to watch a movie  but then he was super duper helpful with the dinner he picked out (pork steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli and pavlova) and set the table by himself, and there was no fighting, and during scripture time before bed he was really insightful with what he read.  He goes to Kindergarten one day, then he is all grown up!  What’s up with that?!  

P8170044

Jack, I am so absolutely proud of you.  You are an incredible boy.

5 comments:

Katia said...

:) Great post, Morgan. What a mile stone in Jack's life and as a matter of fact, yours as well. And I'm sure it is a big adjustment for Sage too. What does she think of Jack going to school? ... I bet Jack does feel a bit more grown up now, thus the reflection in his actions. What an awesome little guy you have, Morgan;) I hope he has lots and lots of fun being a big kid.

ali said...

The fan looks good...but Cowboy looks GREAT!!!! I cannot believe he is going to full-day kindergarten....what an adorable student. He looks very hip and ready to learn. I kinda miss his all-terrain cowboy boots...but I'll get over it! I'm so proud of you that you didn't melt down and cry. The first day Nate went to kindergarten, he told me to step out of the line in front of his classroom because it was just for kids. I still feel the feelings of pride and rejection all mixed into one....so I did the only reasonable thing...I laughed and cried all the way home! Love you so much!

jesus g said...

what a handsome and adorable little boy!

jesus g said...

oops this is Andrea, not Jesus btw

Ashley said...

Great post...I can't believe how big he's getting